Improve Your Google Listing with “Local Justifications”
What Are Justifications?
Justifications are little snippets that Google shows in the local pack to help “justify” why the business is there and is showing up for that search. There are several types of justifications. The type you see highlighted in the local pack varies based on what you search.
Types of Google My Business Justifications
- Review justifications
- Website justifications
- Post justifications
- Services justifications
- Menu justifications
- In Stock justifications
- Sold here justifications
Why Improve Your Google My Business Listing?
Consumers use Google My Business for a whole host of reasons, such as:
- To find out a business’s opening times
- To get directions to a local business, or find its address
- To call a local business without needing to visit their website
- To write and read reviews about a local business
- To see photos of a local business and its products/services
- To visit the business website
- To make online bookings
- To view the available products and services
- To ask and answer questions about a local business
In a nutshell, local justifications are lines of text that appear on local listings. But what else do they offer? While they do provide the user with a better idea of what the business offers, not much else is known on what it can do.