How Can Law Firms Benefit From SEO?
How Can Law Firms Benefit From SEO?
Before the era of digital marketing, lawyers would advertise their law firms via billboards, commercials, and brochures. In 1997, the universe was introduced to the concept of Search Engine Optimization and the rest is history. The American Bar Association has stated that the growth of US lawyers has risen 15 percent since 2008 which results in a high amount of law firms opening up around the United States that wish to be seen by the public.
SEO, aka. Search Engine Optimization is an effective strategy that law firms can use to acquire more clients and cases. Potential clients research through search engines when they need a lawyer. Therefore, if your website is on the first page of a search engine, your law firm will garner more traffic to your website from those who need your services. In this article, we will go over ways Law Firms can benefit from SEO practices.
Visibility & Credibility
The purpose of a good SEO strategy is to garner more viewers onto your law firm website. How do they make their way to your website? An elite SEO strategy that rises your ranks on search engines. More than 90% of users don’t make their way to the second page while the other 10% tend to travel to the second page and beyond. After looking at these statistics, it’s safe to say that most of your potential customers will find you on the first page of any search engine.
A great SEO strategy gives your law firm greater visibility to your local community or even state-wide. You want people to see how great of help your law firm can be for them. This improves your professional image in result, can both propel your law firm over your competitors.
Establish Your Position
Every law firm has multiple sets of niches where they are superior. Whether your “personal injury”, “DUI”, or even “family law”. SEO helps amplify your law firm as the number one in those market positions. This is where SEO can be beneficial for your firm. Providing a well-versed SEO strategy that could help you be seen over your competitors in that certain niche.
In simple terms, the higher your law firm ranks in any search engine; the more renowned and acclaimed your law firm will be in your market. People who are in search of a lawyer often sight high-ranked law firms to be more reliable and trustworthy than those who aren’t.
Improves the Functionality Of Your Website
Web design and development work hand in hand with SEO. A unique designed website for your law firm can benefit your professional image in the industry but with a mediocre SEO strategy, no one will be able to see what that is. SEO is broken down into 4 main components:
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- Technical SEO
- Local SEO
When it comes to constructing your website, optimizing these 4 components will give your law firm the boost on search rankings that it needs. For example, Google only ranks websites that could be useful to their users. With original content, optimized images, and a structured design surrounding the main keywords that you are shooting for, Google will realize that your website is useful. Remember, if you want to rank high, you must take the time to maintain your website and make sure it shares your legal knowledge so potential clients can trust your expertise.
You might also be interested in The Relationship Between SEO and Web Design
With SEO bringing people to you, you’ll be able to convert prospects into paying clients. Applying SEO into your law firm marketing strategy is like having someone marketing your website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This can give your more time to focus on other parts of your business such as more case research and in-person meetings with new clients so you can prepare for your cases without any distractions.
The main goal behind any good SEO strategy is to improve your website to garner more leads and sales. It’s no secret that there is a lot of competition in the legal field so the best way to get ahead of your competition is to make sure your website is user-friendly and provides useful information that potential clients are looking for. Utilizing an elite SEO strategy can efficiently boost yourself ahead of your competitors, without spending too much time and money. The return on investment for SEO is proven to be higher than any other marketing strategy.
SEO can be a great benefit for any law firm that wants to expand its business. We believe that utilizing SEO in your marketing strategy is guaranteed to help boost your law firm to everlasting heights. Billboards and commercials are still a great way to reach the masses. Although, any business needs to adapt to the digital era that we are in right now.